Cherokee is looking for the next Wedding & Event Planner is to plan on-site ceremonies, reception details, upsell rental services and provide day of coordinating ensuring complete member satisfaction with regard to execution along with the planning of assigned social and club events.
Do you have great attention to detail? Do you love planning events and memories that last a lifetime? We are excited to find the next Cherokee family member to come and help provide these details and memories.
Some of the main job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Answer telephones, check and book wedding spaces at both clubhouses
2. Effectively sell and plan weddings at the Town Club and Country Club, including site visits
3. Prepare Banquet Event Orders for all events and cost estimates upon request
4. Prepare Battleplans/Resumes for all weddings
5. Ensures proper guarantee counts, final room layouts and the like are obtained in a timely manner
6. Coordinating the sequence of events
7. Day of coordination/presence for weddings and complex events
8. Food and beverage planning, including cake tasting
9. Creating Floor Plan Layout
10. Up-sell rental services i.e. chairs, linens etc.
11. Coordinate with vendors in regards to set-up, strike, timeline of events and meal planning
12. Responsible for up-to-date information on the Main Event Board and daily change sheets
13. Responsible for all confirmation correspondence, wedding deposits and credits to members accounts following the event
14. Assist Director with developing wedding promotional material and marketing opportunities
15. Ensures brides and parents personal effects are secure and returned to members vehicle
16. Concentration in function follow-up and member relations
17. Appropriately represent club at member meetings and functions
18. Responsible for planning club events and banquet events (rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, anniversary parties, engagement parties, graduation parties, birthday parties and celebration of life) as assigned
19. Work Tuesday Saturday and weddings/events as needed
20. Act as hostess for major holiday events (Easter, Mothers Day, etc.) as assigned
21. Work 4th of July Member Event
22. Assist with preparing budgets and providing reports to the Director as needed
- Minimum of three years wedding planning experiences is preferred
- Strong communication skills with regard to verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required,
- Highly polished personal presentation of self.
- Attention to detail, Organized
- Delphi Proficient, Preferred
- ABC/CPCE Certified, Preferred
Director of Private Dining and Special Events
Cherokee participates in Everify and is a drug free workplace. Come and join our family...