|POSITION REQUIREMENTS |
• Direct sales experience in hotel, conference center, catering sales and/or convention services with proven record of achievement of sales quotas.
• Previous experience with developing catering menus and meeting packages.
• 5-8 years of progressively responsible inside and outside sales experience in the special events and hospitality industry.
• At least 2 years catering sales experience and general knowledge of catering and food and beverage practices within the hospitality industry.
• Knowledge of profit margins specific to all aspects of business.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
• Effective problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions made.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail.
• Ability to track multiple tasks and issues, set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Drive own vehicle for company business as needed.
ABOUT TEAM SAN JOSE
Launched in 2004, Team San Jose is a non-profit management corporation that operates the San Jose Convention Center and cultural venues such as South Hall, Parkside Hall, San Jose Civic, California Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts and Montgomery Theater, and serves as the convention and visitors bureau for San Jose. Team San Jose is a strategic partner supporting the success of local events, and drives travel to our community through sales, marketing and public relations efforts.
Team San Jose ensures the success of meetings and events with its unique collaboration between the local hotels, arts groups, and local labor – all working to effectively manage the quality of the customers’ experience from beginning to end. San Jose’s model is changing the way our meetings and conventions industry serves customers - putting them first with one team for all their event services needs - rather than handing them off to multiple organizations after the meeting is booked. Team San Jose’s success has supported the local economy by attracting events and visitors which drive spending in local hotels, cultural and convention venues, restaurants and attractions, which in turn helps create jobs. The organization’s seamless service has received raves from planners, with 98 percent of our customers returning to San Jose.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry who is eager to become part of a progressive performance oriented team, please submit resume to: email@example.com. Please include “Catering Sales Manager” in the subject line of your email.
For more information about Team San Jose, please visit our website at: www.sanjose.org. Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.