Working as a Conference Services Manager will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and share in our belief in the quality value of delivering superior hospitality to our premier client.
The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing the engagement of all Clients, Guests, Vendors, and Associates entering the Conference Center and will lead by example, display an energetic, friendly, and approachable demeanor at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overseeing day to day conference, meetings, events, and lobby concierge team.
- Provide a consistent high level service in all areas to ensure guest satisfaction KPIs are achieved with Rapport:
- Train and mentor staff to deliver Platinum Service in every guest interaction.
- Adjust and make recommendations to processes when areas are not meeting standards.
- Ensure staff are engaged and involved in individual and team building programs.
- Meets with internal clients and outside organizations to detail the expectations of their meetings or special events. Some events occur outside normal business hours and require the use of discretion and independent judgment on behalf of internal clients.
- Ensures all technical needs for meetings and events are properly addressed by acting as a liaison and coordinating with firm AV, catering and menus with the foodservices team, facilities, inputting all necessary information in EMS, space management system.
- Conducts walk-throughs of lobby and events, ensuring space is always presentable and in working order, including ensuring all foodservices are set-up timely and according to established standards.
- Responsible for maintaining all internal event records to ensure current and historical accuracy.
- Responsible for making sure the correct costs of all catering “special requests” are entered in EMS, and ensures client needs are within budget.
- Responds to all voicemails and emails in a timely and professional manner, communicating pertinent information to respective teams.
- Reached out to client for after event feedback, and oversees the completion of function recaps assigned to Reception and Concierge teams.
- When necessary, works as part of the catering/conference services team to order food and beverages for internal meetings.
- Provides client with regular updated data and reports regarding conference and concierge operations, levels of activity, etc.
- Coordinate internal audits on guest service functions to ensure client specific standards are being met.
- Manages weekly schedules for team members, flexing labor and staffing levels when applicable.
- Maintains and updates Standard Operating Procedures on client network.
- Able to build consensus and influence team members to achieve goals and objectives.
- Exhibits superb organization skills and is able to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Enforces, maintains, and monitors the department’s Dress Code Policy.
- Creates personal development plans and conducts annual performance appraisals for Rapport team.
- Provide input to Senior Manager with regard to associate performance, highlighting successes, and areas for improvement.
- All other duties as assigned
- Greet internal and external clients with a smile, acknowledging them promptly, using the agreed welcome “Good Morning/Good Afternoon …” and their name once established.
- Proactively deal with inquiries and requests in person, via the telephone or email, in a timely and professional manner.
- Supports the concierge team when necessary, always ensuring smooth transitions between team members at each stage of the client journey.
Team Work and Communication
- Communicate effectively with staff and update client accordingly, displaying accuracy and attention to detail both in verbal and written communication.
- Maintain a strong awareness of business activity and communicate all updates to team members.
- Liaise with concierge and conference floors to ensure the smooth arrival of the host’s clients.
- Inform the client about any new / ongoing / potential issues and complaints so that they are addressed accordingly. Follow this up promptly with a detailed email.
- Facilitate and support the ongoing training of new staff and complete checklists accordingly.
Personal Presentation and Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional, polite and considerate manner at all times.
- Adhere to dress code guidelines and presentation standards.
- Discuss any training needs or requests with manager/client.
- Maintain a clear, presentable working area at all times and report all maintenance faults/hazards and cleaning requests to the appropriate personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere and support Company and the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Abide by all Security policies and procedures, including access restrictions, Fire and Life Safety information.
- Understand and have a thorough working knowledge of the EMS booking system and visitor management system. Run system reports as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Conference Center Management experience.
- A genuine sense of hospitality, with a commitment to delivering the Platinum Service® Standard in all aspects of the Hospitality function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multitask.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology / equipment.
An excellent understanding of greeting clientele and the special role of a Hospitality Ambassador within a corporate environment.
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Act as a role model for new staff member and maintain a professional disposition at all times.
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving excellence, down to the smallest of details.
- Proficient in computer software programs, including MS Office EMS a plus.
- Possess strong supervisory, leadership, management, training and coaching skills.
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Must be able to manage and have working knowledge of accounting and the creation of budgets.
- Experience in conducting post-implementation discussions with client management and other team members to determine satisfaction levels.
- Two to four year college degree preferred, specifically related to conference, event, guest or hospitality services.
- Requires a minimum of three years’ experience at a supervisory level in guest or hospitality services including reception, conference, event planning, five star hotels, airline industry, and concierge experience preferred.
We shine the light on your business through our celebrated food, and seamless service. We are all about real food and genuine people.
We partner with forward-thinking clients, to provide every imaginable corporate dining experience, however, we recognize the value of thinking small. Every little detail is thoughtfully addressed...every ingredient is selected for freshness, healthfulness and susta...inability...and every caring human interaction makes a meaningful difference to the people we are entrusted with nourishing. Our relationships are always living and evolving. We keep an open dialogue, which brings out the best in each other.
As part of Compass Group, with its worldwide presence and global resources, we offer the benefits of our unique expertise and unsurpassed experience. At the same time, we pride ourselves on having a more intimate feel of a regional company. Simply put, FLIK Hospitality Group takes a small batch approach to serving the unique needs of each of our clients.